Thursday 24 May 2012

Eurovision..... are you a fan?

Ah... I used to be. I loved it as a child. My dad would record all the songs directly from the TV on to a tape so I could listen to it straight away. I would the next day in only a few hours be able to sing all the songs in their origional language. Cos this was back when every country still sang only in their own language! I mastered Greek, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian and many more! Amazing, right? So much we learned from the Eurovision back then.... (my parents certainly learned to fake smile when I sang my heart out, in what was supposed to be Greek)
No, I'm not ashamed to admit I was a fan! (I actually might still be a bit...)

Now everyone sings in English and some of the songs are really good! Maybe too good cos it seems like it's frowned upon a bit. It's certainly not the good songs that win.

Here's the Danish song and as you can't vote for your own country maybe some of you will vote for our little country. No, I'm not paid to say this! Just a thought as I actually really like the song...


Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. I totally love Eurovision, its my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... Thanks! So happy to hear I'm not alone:)

      Delete
  2. I use to love to watch Eurovision but now days with 4 kids I don't get to watch the tv much they take over it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, our children still go to bed early enough for me to watch it... What am I gonna do when they start staying up late?? :) Have a great weekend:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...